
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) -- President Donald Trump said on Friday he will not be attending his son Donald Trump's Jr.'s wedding this weekend, and that he will stay at the White House instead.
"While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon to be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so," Trump wrote in a social media post.
"I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time," Trump added. "Congratulations to Don and Bettina!"
Trump previously said he would "try" and make his son's wedding this weekend, which is reportedly taking place in the Bahamas -- though he said the event is "not good timing" for him given his responsibilities surrounding the war in Iran.
During an event in the Oval Office on Thursday, Trump said his son wants him to come his wedding with fiancée Bettina Anderson but that the president has "a thing called Iran -- and other things."
"He'd like me to go, but it's going to be just a small, little private affair, and I'm going to try and make it," Trump said. "This is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things. That's one I can't win on."
"If I do attend, I get killed. If I don't attend, I get killed by the fake news," Trump said. "Hopefully they're going to have a great marriage."
Donald Trump Jr. is the eldest son of the president who has five children with his ex-wife, Vanessa Trump.
Vanessa Trump announced on Instagram Thursday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.







.jpg)